The Curtin Scholarship is a nonprofit educational scholarship sponsored by the National Amtelco Equipment Owners (NAEO). The fund recognizes the immense contributions the Curtins have made to the messaging industry, and their lifelong mission to educate and inspire their valued customers. Mr. and Mrs. Curtin, the founders of Amtelco, consistently provided the products, the vision, and the techniques to greatly advance our industry.
As entrepreneurs, they were present at the beginning of the Telecommunications revolution, arguably one of the most significant events of the second half of the 20th Century. NAEO offers this scholarship to individuals who demonstrate similar entrepreneurial traits. The applicant should be a motivated, curious individual who has chosen Telecommunications as a career.
Download the application as a pdf.
The recipient will receive:
- A $500.00 cash award to be used to attend a conference or educational course or for the development of an innovative approach to call center management in his or her office. (Examples: Call Center Seminar, College Management Course or software purchase to develop a quality assurance program).
In exchange the recipient will:
- Write an article for Newslinks within a year of the receipt of the award detailing his or her experience and discoveries
- Winners are also encouraged to share their results with the NAEO membership through webinars, the NAEO website and participation in the annual conference
- Join and be an active member of an NAEO committee
- Applicant is an owner of or has been employed by a NAEO Member Company and in a senior management or higher level employment position.
- Applicant desires to educate him/herself by taking a class or attending a seminar or workshop which will serve to enhance their skills in the call center.
- Applicant agrees to share knowledge gained with others in the call center upon their return.
- Applicant understands the funds are to be used for the cost to attend, including tuition/ registration fees, books and reasonable travel expenses if any.
(Should you have any questions regarding this criterion please contact the NAEO Executive Director)
- Applicant will be encouraged to write up a synopsis of their experience in order to allow the Newslinks editor to craft an article about their experience.
Deadline for application submission is December 18, 2018.